Banksia Montessori School est. 1984 is a not-for-profit independent Montessori pre-school for children from 3 to 6 years of age. The school is located in a quaint beautiful suburb of Dianella and famed for its quality teaching and a close-knit parent community culture.
Since early 2017, the School’s Rules of Association have been amended to extend its membership classes to include not only current parents, but also all staff and non-parent community members. Thus, we are reaching out to the broader community for someone who would like to join our School Council (volunteering opportunity).
As a member of Banksia School Council, you can help discover new and exciting ways to contribute to the education of the students in our school. Your involvement in the council gives you the opportunity to make a positive impact, and to be part of a dedicated team working to ensure a high quality of education for the children. Your participation can make a difference. It is a very rewarding and enriching experience to give back to the community.
- Experience or expertise in Legal/Law, or Finance/Government Grant, or Education.
- Analytical thinking and effective communication skill
- Passion for community and young generations
- Current Police Clearance
- General member of Banksia Montessori School Council
- At least 1 year term
- On a voluntary basis, for those who seek fulfilment and meaning in knowing we can contribute to make a positive impact for the education of future generations.
- Meetings: once per month (the first Wednesday night 6.30pm – 8.30pm of the month)
- Newly retired professionals and principals are welcome
Deadline closed on July 15th, 2017.
Phone: (08) 9275 5997