Banksia Montessori School follows the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations, which are:
- Child safety and wellbeing is embedded in organisational leadership, governance and culture.
- Children and young people are informed about their rights, participate in decisions affecting them and are taken seriously.
- Families and communities are informed and involved in promoting child safety and wellbeing.
- Equity is upheld and diverse needs respected in policy and practice.
- People working with children and young people are suitable and supported to reflect child safety and wellbeing values in practice.
- Processes to respond to complaints and concerns are child focused.
- Staff and volunteers are equipped with the knowledge, skills and awareness to keep children and young people safe through ongoing education and training.
- Physical and online environments promote safety and wellbeing while minimising the opportunity for children and young people to be harmed.
- Implementation of the national child safe principles is regularly reviewed and improved.
- Policies and procedures document how the organisation is safe for children and young people.
All staff at Banksia have valid and current Working with Children Checks, and attend training in the Mandatory Reporting of Sexual Abuse. Above all, the health, physical and mental well being of our students are our number 1 priority, and we have policies, procedures and strategies in place to ensure a safe and happy environment for our students.